Sunday, July 29, 2012

Summer Planning

For teachers, summer means rest...

NOT!

I am sure there are some that rest, but I have a hard time kicking back for long.  My mind is constantly wrapping around new ideas that pop into my head.  Many happen during the morning shower...lol...but more often it's when I'm in the garden, or driving in the car, or laying my head down to go to sleep at night.

It's funny how they tend to pop out of my head when I have something to write on or when I sit down at my computer!

But I love Pinterest and my bookmark folders.  They are my saving grace.  I find things and can save them for when I have more time to dive into the depths of my thoughts.

Here is one that I actually first found two years ago...yup, thank goodness they sent me an email the other day to remind me that I had liked the site and its possibilities.

Planbook.com


I have to change school sites for the upcoming year.  It's not as close to home and it's in another town...which I won't have a reason to pop into over the weekend.  Oh, and that school has an alarm system that I don't want to have to disarm...ugh!  So most of my work will be done at home on the weekends.  My DH will be happy about that.

One of the things that drive me crazy is my lesson plan book.  I buy one each year.  I write everything in it and rewrite each week.  I hate having to add everything to every page by hand.  For someone who likes organization and making the best use of my time...it is like a thorn in my foot!

There are few reasons why I'm going to give it a try this year:

  1. The lesson plans I set up in Publisher have to be reformatted for the schedule in my new school (so this is the perfect time to try something new)
  2. I like to leave my lesson plan book at school...but now school is farther away.
  3. I can share my lesson plans with my principal, other teachers or even a substitute if I get sick.
  4. It allows me to include the CCSS on my plans.
  5. If I have to change something...it is really easy and quick...I won't have to have sticky notes everywhere in my lesson plan book.
So I'm going to try it.  You can try it free for 30 days and if you like it, it only costs $12 for a year of use.  I will let you know how it goes...I suppose I should go get busy on  my lesson plans now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment