Monday, December 31, 2012

My New Year Challenge

Happy New Year to all 12 people who have visited my blog.  LOL...yes, I know there have been more than that, but sometimes blogging without comments makes it like talking to yourself.  And ask my teenage daughters, I do enough of that already.

My blog is a fairly new blog...just a fun little thing I'm trying to get started.  I love blogging.  I have been doing it for about 5 or 6 years now.  Ever since we got real internet in our last house.  Most of my blogging time has been about our life in the Inland Northwest.  If you want to learn about life in North Idaho...you can read my other blog: Life in Idaho

This blog is my teaching blog....ergo...Primary in Idaho.  Kind of catchy I think in a first grade sort of way.  I have lots of ideas to post and very little time to do it.  I guess I could stop trolling through the 'net and actually spend some time drafting my stuff...but there are so many really cool teachers out there that already have there teacher 'stuff' together and apparently have lots more time on their hands somehow.  I think they must have one of those time turner necklaces.  You know the one Hermione had in the Potter movie?
Until I can get one of those awesome necklaces...I am hobbling my way along in the teacher blog world.

Ah...but then I got to thinking there must be other teachers out there in the same proverbial boat.  Perhaps there is a way I can help them out as well as making a great resource for myself as well.  So I won't always be looking for the biggies in the teacher blog world...but instead I am looking for the 'little guy' out there.

So my Project for the new year is to post a blog a day.  That's 365 blogs to find.  They will be primary of course...because those are the ones I stalk for ideas and freebies.

So, if you subscribe to my blog you can discover what I've found.  Maybe you will find a new favorite.  If you are an active teacher blogger and you want to be linked up on my blog, just let me know...I'm happy to add your blog as one of my 365 in 2013.

If I link your blog....I will send you this blog button

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea. I would love to be added. Thanks!
    Merinda (Pirate Girl)
    www.pirategirlseducationinvasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite, Debra! I'm your newest follower. Join in some linky parties too. That will get you some traffic to your blog and pinning on Pinterest of course. Good luck! :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! Please count me in.

    If you join some giveaways (see Sellers' Forum on TpT), that will bring new followers. Like Lori said, linky parties are good, too. But I think the best recourse we have is Pinterest. I post references to my blog a lot. I even copied Laura Candler's idea and created a board that is my blog archives.

    I'm your seventh follower & looking forward to finding 365 new blogs to peruse.

    Barb
    itsabouttimeteachers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great I would love to participate!
    Thanks for thinking of me.
    Sarah
    I Dream of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be added! I just started my blog on Jan 1st!
    www.laueslittles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you do any upper elementary blogs, I would love to be added! I just started my blog in September.

    Melissa O'Bryan
    Wild About Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete