Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 19 Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas


It has been a long two weeks.  It seems hard to believe that this was the same amount of time that we just had off for Christmas break.  These past two weeks seemed a whole lot longer.  Don't you think so?

But now it's Saturday morning! And to make this one even sweeter, it's a 3 day weekend!  So what fun plans do you have for your weekend?

To start my morning, I am on the search for more teacher blogs.  It's not hard to find them...it's harder to keep track of them.  Pinterest is great for that.  I always tag my favorites that I want to go back to on my board. But I started my 365 Blog Hop Challenge to get to know more of my blog neighbors and to be able to find them again.

If two weeks flew by, then my three day weekend will be gone in a blink of an eye!  Especially with all that I have to do this weekend....

My weekend will include:

  • Sleeping in (I got up at 7:00 instead of 5:30 -- woohoo!)
  • Adding blogs to my 365 Blog Hop Challenge
  • Staying warm (it's 9 degrees outside right now at 8:30 in the morning)
  • Finish grading the assessments I gave last week
  • Start my report cards
  • Taking pictures at my friend's daughter's 18th birthday party
  • Adding more blogs to my 365 Blog Hop Challenge
  • Working on my report cards
  • Watching the 49ers game
  • Finish lesson plans for the next two weeks
  • Making the program for our Cheer Competition next weekend
  • Working on my report cards
  • Paying the bills :)
  • Turning the pictures I took at the birthday party into a photo book on Shutterfly
  • Working on my report cards
  • Catching up on the laudry folding
So now you see how a 3 day weekend can fly by?  Goodness....just looking at that list makes me feel like it's already Monday night!

I think I will get back to the fun part of my weekend...looking for blogs...

This is the one I was hanging out on this morning.  Her blog is called Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!  Fern is from Florida and teaches 3rd grade. She was even chosen as teacher of the year at her school...so her co-workers know what a treasure she is. She has lots of fun ideas and freebies and items on her blog and in her TpT and Teacher's Notebook stores that you and your students will just love!

I have to admit, one of her posts just stopped me in my tracks...
Read what it says under the picture!


Yes, this is the top of her desk when she leaves school everyday.  This is what I have always wanted to achieve, but have never been able to accomplish!  I just love the 3 hole punch next to it all.  Maybe if I had that on my desk it would help me stay organized...lol.

Nope, organization is just something I have to keep striving for...I don't think it is what I will ever attain 100%.  I just have little windows of hope!  But Fern, you are amazing!!  Not only do you create awesome units and activities...but you probably know where they all are! lol

2 comments:

  1. Yay another blogger in idaho. I am your newest follower, my blog is just siting there due to some health problems. I live in southeastern Idaho, nice to find you. I teach first grade also, witch's stops in k-4.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am another blogger that lives in Idaho! Cool idea of finding 365 blogs.
    Adrianne
    http://thetutorhouse.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/adriannemeldrum

    ReplyDelete