Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 51 Sunny Days in 2nd Grade

I would love to have some sunny days in Idaho right about now :)  Don't get me wrong...I love winter.  I love cold weather.  It's fun to snuggle up with a good book in front of a warm fire...but some days I feel my body just craving sunshine or even just sunlight.  Living this far north, by December the days are so short that by the times the kids leave and I pack up my bag, it's dark outside.  Yup, by 3:30 it's time for the headlights on the drive home.  There are a couple weeks when I drive to school in the dark and drive home in the dark.  That's the rough part.  I know it's harder for those that live farther north, but I can still whine just a little bit :)

So when I found Sunny Days in 2nd Grade...the name just drew me right into her blog....
Sunny Days lives, teaches and creates in Florida.  Perhaps all those hours of daylight help inspire her :)  Whatever her inspiration is, her blog is delightful.  She teaches a gifted group of 2nd graders...what a dream that would be!

Sunny has a fun thing she does called Show and Tell Tuesday.  She has a different topic each week.  Some of these include: Literacy Centers, Book Shares, 100th Day, but she has many more....check it out.  And the fun part is you can link up your blog with her topic.

On her Winter Show and Tell Tuesday she has found some very clever winter ideas including the best ever snow globe project!!  You absolutely have to go check it out!  I will have to file it away for next year....I would much rather move on to spring ideas.




No comments:

Post a Comment