Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 65 Double Duty Tuesday

Here is a two-fer day...I was invited to a fun linky party hosted by 1-2-3 Teach With Me.  Do you have a Facebook page for your blog?  Do you want more "likes"?  Well, here is a great way to make new Facebook friends.  Head over there and join up with her Linky Party.

Here is a 3rd grade find...Although I teach 1st grade...I can never get enough of those organized ideas.  I can always improve how I run centers...and pretty much anything else in my classroom and perhaps my life too!
Stephanie teaches 3rd grade in Colorado...one of my favorite places on earth!  Well, second only to North Idaho that is.  Stephanie uses the Daily 5 in her classroom.  She also has a wonderful routine set up for Math Centers.  You have to check it out.

I would love to try more centers in my classroom.  My schedule is just not the way I want it in my new school.  All my free time is the last hour of the day and by then the kids are whooped and not into hard thinking.  I am enjoying my class, but I am also looking forward to it not being my first year again!

So how do you fit in centers and reading groups?  It's hard.  Like I said, the end of the day just doesn't work for me.  I'm tired, the kids are tired...I don't feel like I am as effective as I was when I got to do my reading during the morning.  I am kind of thinking of changing things up a bit after Spring Break.

After 16 years, 3 school districts and 4 schools...I'm still trying to find the perfect routine.  Stephanie from 3rd Grade Thoughts has inspired me to try some new things.  Thanks!







No comments:

Post a Comment