Saturday, January 25, 2014

Lost in Idaho...or parenthood...or work...or life

So intentions, if they were worth money, would make me rich!  I got lost this year.  Strayed away from some of the things I wanted to accomplish.  It wasn't because of a lack of trying and it definitely wasn't because I was being apathetic and not doing anything.

It started with the end of the school year last May, then summer came, and summer stuff that kept me away from my computer. I guess in some respects that is a good thing.  But not what I was hoping for.

We bought a camper this summer...something that my husband has wanted to do for like forever...so we had to use it.  Then the next thing I knew, August cheer practices started, and fundraisers and team bonding and then school began again.

Now add in my daughter being a senior, which means I have been on the Senior Parent Committee planning the grad night party this coming June, filling out FAFSA paperwork and scholarship and college applications, and two varsity competitive cheerleading daughters, which I coach, and of course there are the 21 1st graders I live with Monday through Friday...and the icing on the cake:  Common Core adoption and no math curriculum so we are fudging our way through the next two years until it's in the budget to adopt an actual curriculum.  I feel like I am swimming against the current just to keep up and getting nowhere.

Anyone else out there feel that way??

So 5 hours of sleep in a night is a good night.

I don't want to wish for summer because that means my first baby will graduate...and there is no way I am old enough for that.  But could we please have a few more hours in my day.  26...is that too much to ask?  Really, just one or two.  Just slow the spin of the earth just a tad bit.  Is that too much to ask for??

Here are my two biggest distractions...my girls:


So hopefully I will find more time to post and actual get to the 365 blogs I'm looking for!!  

Happy New Year!

And yes, I haven't sent my Christmas cards out yet either! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment