Monday, January 27, 2014

Nearly Famous!

Woo hoo!!  My day was made today when I opened up TpT and found myself (well, my store) as one of the featured stores!!


I'm not one of those 6 digit earning teachers....yet....but I did break $100 this month!  So maybe this is a good sign for 2014.  14 is my lucky number after all!! :) I believe that right now I have 14 items in my store too...there's that number again! I need to increase that to have more earnings.  It's not that I don't have the ideas or the projects to load...but the time to do it would be nice.

Perhaps you could stop by my store {click here} and see if you can find anything useful for your classroom. I teach in Idaho and we are 17th below the national average for teacher salaries (33rd from the top--yes, thank you Mr. Luna and Governor Otter for perpetuating that!).

I'm not even at the Idaho state average yet!  What a goofball I was to leave my salary in California and move $20,000 backwards.  But if you have ever been to North Idaho, you would understand why we did it.  It is a wonderful place to raise your kids.  Everything balances out in the end.

So, I did notice that a lot of teachers who have stores on TpT are from those states that are hanging with us below the national average!  For me, the reason I do it is because my brain is full of ideas.  I have had co-workers tell me for years (before TpT existed) that I should make a book of what I do.  Well this is one way to start.  Also, there is the cost of college....one daughter is starting college next fall and our second daughter is going to dual enroll next year during her junior year in high school.  Now comes the next 4 or 5 years of poverty for us...so anything I can create and load on TpT will help get my kids through school!

Do you have a TpT store?  Do your earnings go to something special?  Do you have a favorite store you go back to over and over?

ok...gotta go finish the comments on my report cards tonight!  Oh, yeah, and make 14 cheer bows for the Mini Hawk performance at the Varsity game tomorrow. Phew....I'm tired already. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment